The APRN’s Complete Guide to Prescribing Drug Therapy 2018 (Kobo eBook)
This is a concise, easy-to-read prescribing reference for advanced health care providers involved in the primary care management of patients with acute, episodic, and chronic health problems. Organized alphabetically by clinical diagnosis for quick access in all clinical settings, the guide encompasses CDC- and FDA-approved pharmacotherapy regimens for more than 500 clinical diagnoses along with clinically useful information. Another important feature is the inclusion of Comments highlighting such clinically important information as laboratory values, precautions and contraindications, and safety information.
Each diagnosis includes appropriate drug choices listed alphabetically by generic name with trade name, FDA pregnancy category, drug availability in generic or over-the-counter forms, adult and pediatric dosing regimens, dosage forms, drug additives, and more. Thirty easy-to-use tables in the appendices include childhood and adult immunization schedules, contraceptive guidance, categories of glucocorticosteroids, anti-infectives by class, and more. An index of drugs by generic and brand name, with FDA pregnancy category and controlled drug schedule, facilitates quick identification of drugs by alternate names, and relative safety during pregnancy.
- Includes free ebook and electronic updates with registration.
- Facilitates speedy drug prescribing information retrieval for primary care providers in all settings
- Organizes over 500 diagnoses alphabetically for ease of use
- Highlights clinically important information such as lab values to monitor, contraindications, and safety information
- Includes an appendix of 30 tables for quick access to FDA pregnancy categories, the U.S. Schedule of Controlled Substances, childhood and adult immunization schedules, and more
- Provides generic/trade name index