Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2021 E-Book (Kobo eBook)
- Over 1,000 generic name drugs, encompassing over 4,000 trade name drugs, are organized alphabetically with A-to-Z tabs for quick and easy access.
- Detailed information for each drug distinguishes side effects and adverse reactions to help you identify which are most likely to occur.
- Highlighting of high-alert drugs helpspromote safe administration of drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm; an appendix includes drug names that sound alike or look alike.
- UNIQUE! Herbal information is included in the appendix and on the Evolve companion website,covering the interactions and effects of commonly encountered herbs.
- Classifications section features an overview of actions and uses for drug families.
- Top 100 Drugs list helps you easily identify the most frequently administered drugs.
- Nursing considerations are organized in a functional nursing process framework and include headings for baseline assessment, intervention/evaluation, and patient/family teaching.
- Information on lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations equips you with special considerations for pediatric, geriatric, hepatic, and immune- or renal-compromised patients.
- Extensive IV content features IV compatibilities/IV incompatibilities and breaks down key information with headings on reconstitution, rate of administration, and storage.
- Fixed combinations are included in dosages of each combined drug directly within the individual monographs, to help you understand different drug dose options for specific diseases.
- Cross-references to the 400 top U.S. brand-name drugs are located throughout the book for easy access.
- Customizable and printable monographs for 100 of the most commonly used drugs are located on Evolve, along with quarterly drug updates.
- Therapeutic and toxic blood level information promotes safe drug administration.
- Comprehensive IV Compatibility Chart foldout arms you with compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- List of newly approved drugs in the front of the book makes it easy to locate the latest drugs.
- Callouts in a sample drug monograph highlight key features tohelp you understand how to use the book more efficiently.