Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2017 - E-Book (Kobo eBook)
Arm yourself with all the latest information on more than 1,000 generic and 4,000 trade name drugs. With its alphabetical organization and user-friendly design, Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2017 gives you all the expert drug information you need right in the palm of your hand. In addition to its detailed and thoroughly updated drug coverage (including Black Box Alerts), this convenient handbook also includes the precautionary information nurses need to provide safer patient care — such as guidance on clinical priorities in the practice setting and IV drug administration. No other drug handbook on the market more perfectly meets the practicing nurse’s needs as Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2017!
- Over 1,000 generic name drugs (encompassing over 4,000 trade name drugs) are organized alphabetically with A to Z tabs to make accessing important information quick and easy.
- Detailed information for each drug distinguishes side effects and adverse reactions to help you identify which are most likely to occur.
- Special text treatment for "High Alert" drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm promotes safe drug administration.
- UNIQUE! Frequently-used herb monographs and herb interactions are included to keep you informed of the effects of commonly encountered herbs.
- Classifications section features an overview of actions and uses for drug families.
- Top 100 Drugs list helps you easily identify the most frequently administered drugs.
- Nursing implications are organized in a functional nursing process framework and include headings for Baseline Assessment, Intervention/Evaluation, and Patient/Family Teaching.
- Information on lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations equips you with special considerations for specific patient populations.
- Extensively expanded IV content features a heading for IV compatibilities and expanded rates of infusion, reconstitutions, drip rates, test doses, flushing, and incompatibilities.
- Fixed combinations are included in dosages of each combined drug directly within the individual monographs.
- Cross-references to the 400 top U.S. brand-name drugs are located directly in the main section of the book for easier accessibility.
- Customizable and printable monographs for 100 of the most commonly used drugs are located on the free Evolve companion site.
- Therapeutic and toxic blood level information shows you the patient implications for drug administration.
- Comprehensive IV Compatibility Chart foldout arms you with compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- Newly approved drugs are listed in the front of the book for quick and easy access to this timely information.
- A sample drug monograph with call-outs is included to help you understand how to use the book more efficiently.