Travels in Arabia: Travels in Oman (Paperback)
Discover Oman in this groundbreaking travelogue from almost 200 years ago.
In 1835, James Raymond Wellsted embarked on an intrepid journey through the mysterious land of Oman and beyond - becoming the first Westerner to reveal its wonders to the world.
Now, modern readers can join Wellsted on his journey of discovery in this one-of-a-kind travelogue. Inside you'll find:
- A fascinating glimpse into fabled Arabian cities like Muscat through Wellsted's vivid descriptions and compelling narrative.
- A visit to the land of the Bani bu Ali - after thir battles with Britain 15 years earlier.
- Insight into Oman's rich culture and breathtaking landscapes from an explorer who ventured farther than any European before him.
- Wellsted's perilous attempts to become the first Westerner to reach the elusive Wahhabi capital at the Arabian peninsula's heart.
- Insightful illustrations of daily life and encounters with Oman's hospitable people, captured by an explorer with over 13 years in the region.
- Modern, place specific, B&W photography paired with Wellsted's timeless chronicle, brings his groundbreaking 1835 expedition to life.
Experience the wonder of discovering Oman and Arabia for the first time all over again. Join the adventure that Queen Victoria herself endorsed - pick up this exceptional travelogue today