Garden Sanctuary: Designing for Comfort, Wholeness and Connection (Paperback)
Do you feel like you are on a gerbil wheel, and just can't get off? Does it feel like life keeps coming at you, leaving no place for you?
Do you crave the comfort of a garden?Do you wish you could walk out your door and be surrounded by the restorative powers of Nature? Do you crave a place to connect with something greater than yourself?
Maybe you have a backyard and want a garden to relax in, but you don't know how to create it.
Garden Sanctuary will guide you in how to envision and create your own connection to Nature. Follow award winning garden designer, John Beaudry's process to discover:
- Your own sense of design--you really do have one
- How the principals of Arts and Crafts style transform space
- The language of design
- Howto measure, draw to scale, and create abase plan
- Howto organize space using bubble diagrams, grid lines, and layers
- Howto choose the right plant for the right space
- The joy, peace, and harmony that a garden--just outside your door--can provide
Garden Sanctuary distills the design process into a series of concrete steps that you can use to create exquisite gardens in harmony with their environment. You will immediately feel yourself relaxing, your body being regulated, whole in the arms of Nature.