The Burning Maze (Trials of Apollo, The Book Three) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Trials of Apollo series.
- #1: Trials of Apollo, The Book One The Hidden Oracle (Trials of Apollo, The Book One) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #2: Trials of Apollo, The Book Two The Dark Prophecy (Trials of Apollo, The Book Two) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #4: The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, Book Four) (Hardcover): $19.99
- #5: The Tower of Nero (Trials of Apollo, The Book Five) (Hardcover): $19.99
Friends both familiar and new will emerge in The Burning Maze, Book Three of the New York Times #1 best-selling Trials of Apollo series.
"A clash of mythic intrigues and centuries of pop culture to thrill die-hard and new fans alike."--Kirkus Reviews
- #1 New York Times best-selling series
- Rick Riordan is considered the "storyteller of the gods" because of his five #1 New York Times bestselling series based on mythology
- A continuation of the Percy Jackson saga, but it also stands alone
- A new take on Greek and Roman mythology from the point of view of a fallen god
- Brings back beloved demigod characters from the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series
- Introduces new demigods
- Villains are based on Roman emperors
- Features a diverse cast with people from all kinds of backgrounds and lifestyles
- Perfect for middle schoolers but can be enjoyed by older readers, too
In order to regain his place on Mount Olympus, Lester must restore five Oracles that have gone dark. But he has to achieve this impossible task without having any godly powers and while being duty-bound to a confounding young daughter of Demeter named Meg. Thanks a lot, Dad.
With the help of some demigod friends, Lester managed to survive his first two trials, one at Camp Half-Blood, and one in Indianapolis, where Meg received the Dark Prophecy. The words she uttered while seated on the Throne of Memory revealed that an evil triumvirate of Roman emperors plans to attack Camp Jupiter.
While Leo flies ahead on Festus to warn the Roman camp, Lester and Meg must go through the Labyrinth to find the third emperor--and an Oracle who speaks in word puzzles--somewhere in the American Southwest.
There is one glimmer of hope in the gloom-filled prophecy: The cloven guide alone the way does know. They will have a satyr companion, and Meg knows just who to call upon. . . .
About the Author
Rick Riordan, dubbed “storyteller of the gods” by Publishers Weekly, is the author of five #1 New York Times best-selling middle grade series with millions of copies sold throughout the world: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Heroes of Olympus, and the Trials of Apollo, based on Greek and Roman mythology; the Kane Chronicles, based on Ancient Egyptian mythology; and Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, based on Norse mythology. Rick collaborated with illustrator John Rocco on two #1 New York Times best-selling collections of Greek myths for the whole family: Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods and Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes. Rick is also the publisher of an imprint at Disney-Hyperion, Rick Riordan Presents, dedicated to finding other authors of highly entertaining fiction based on world cultures and mythologies. He lives in Boston, Massachusetts with his wife and two sons. Follow him on Twitter at @camphalfblood.
PRAISE FOR THE HIDDEN ORACLE
"Riordan fans will find all of the key elements here: wisecracking narration, underdog kid turned hero (well, god turned underdog turned hero in this case), mythological core, and robust side characters who round out the field."—Bulletin for the Center for Children's Books