ECG Workout: Exercises in Arrhythmia Interpretation (Paperback)
Grasp the electrocardiography basics and identify arrhythmias accurately, with the freshly updated ECG Workout, 7th Edition .
Fully addressing the most common arrhythmias, this clearly worded text will take you step-by-step through expert ECG tracing interpretation methods, including differentiating among rhythm groups, equipment use, and management protocols. This is the go-to ECG guide for both student training and professional review—perfect for physicians, nurses, medical and nursing students, paramedics, emergency medical technicians, telemetry technicians, and related practitioners.
Get a strong grounding in accurate ECG readings with . . .
- NEW pull-out arrhythmia summary cards help you interpret end-of-chapter practice strips
- NEW and updated advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) guidelines incorporated in each arrhythmia chapter
- NEW and updated figures, boxes, tables, and additional practice strips
- Updated coverage of all ECG concepts and skills, including:
- Illustrated anatomy and physiology of the heart
- Electrical basis of electrocardiology
- Arrhythmia chapters: sinus, atrial, junctional and AV blocks, ventricular and bundle-branch block rhythms—examples, causes, clinical treatments, and practice strips
- Step-by-step direction on interpreting rhythm strips
- Components of the ECG tracing: waveforms, intervals, segments, complexes, and waveform identification
- Discussion of cardiac monitors, lead systems, lead placement, ECG artifacts, and troubleshooting monitor problems
- Methods for precise rate calculation
- Discussion of cardiac pacemakers: types, indications, function, pacemaker terminology, malfunctions, and pacemaker analysis, with practice tracings
- Skillbuilder practice strips —more than 600 life-size ECG tracings:
- End-of-chapter strips from actual patients, with 3-second indicators for rapid-rate calculation, and answers at back of book
- A mix of arrhythmias to help you distinguish among types