This Is MY Fort! (Monkey and Cake) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Monkey and Cake series.
They are silly and they are curious.
Sometimes they agree. Sometimes they do not.
But Monkey and Cake are always best friends.
Monkey and Cake love building forts! When Cake decides to build his own fort, Monkey feels left out. Monkey builds his own fort that's even bigger than Cake's fort. But before long, they both discover that being alone in a fort is no fun!
Drew Daywalt, author of the New York Times bestselling Crayon series, is one of the most influential voices in children's literature today. Brought to life by Olivier Tallec's expressive illustrations, Monkey and Cake combines the relatable humor of Elephant and Piggie and the wise friendship of Frog and Toad, inviting readers to laugh along and let their imaginations soar.
Praise for Monkey & Cake:
"Exuberant, expressive, and full of philosophical inquiry." -- The Wall Street Journal
"Funny and thought-provoking. A definite purchase for beginning reader collections." -- School Library Journal
* "Perfect for novice readers who enjoy a bit of brain-teasing as well as a comedy buddy."-- The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books
About the Author
Olivier Tallec is an illustrator based in Paris. Following his graduation from the École Supérieure d'Arts Graphiques, he worked in advertising as a graphic designer. He has subsequently devoted himself to illustration and has illustrated more than 60 books, including Who Done It? and Louis I, King of the Sheep. You can visit him on the Web at oliviertallec.fr.
* "On the theory that it's never too early to start considering the deep questions... eventually, in easy-to-follow steps, [Cake] comes around to the only logical position: that whatever is or is not in the box is more a matter of belief than something provable." -- Booklist, starred review
"EXUBERANT, EXPRESSIVE AND FULL OF PHILOSOPHICAL INQUIRY... 4- to 8-year-olds will practice not only simple sentences but also a thought experiment... in a humorous coda, readers discover what seems to be the impossible truth." --- The Wall Street Journal
"Daywalt (The Day the Crayons Quit) and Tallec (This Book Will Not Be Fun) have crafted a delightful, philosophical romp that will please and intrigue beginning readers.... Funny and thought-provoking. A definite purchase for beginning reader collections." --- School Library Journal
Praise for The Legend of Rock Paper Scissors:
* "Purely absurd, sidesplitting humor." -- Booklist, starred review
* "The sort of story that makes children love to read." -- School Library Journal, starred review
Praise for The Day the Crayons Quit:
Amazon's 2013 Best Picture Book of the Year
Winner of the E.B. White Read-Aloud Award
* "These memorable personalities will leave readers glancing apprehensively at their own crayon boxes." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Utterly original." -- San Francisco Chronicle
Praise for This Book Will Not Be Fun, illustrated by Olivier Tallec:
* "Tallec's artwork... is impeccably turned out." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review