Health Promotion and Aging, Eighth Edition: Practical Applications for Health Professionals (Paperback)
This acclaimed text promotes healthy aging by demonstrating how health practitioners, program developers, and policymakers can prevent or manage disease and make large-scale improvements toward health and wellness in the older adult population. The eighth edition encompasses major new research that substantially updates previous recommendations. It provides important new content on Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and the ACA; clinical preventive services; global aging; sexual health; saving for retirement; long-term care alternatives; and much more.
Accessible and comprehensive, this text is supported by abundant tables, figures, and illustrations. It describes practical strategies--including model community and government initiatives--that have proven markedly successful, as well as health-promotion tools, resource lists, assessment tools, and checklists. New trends such as green burials, LGBT aging, yoga, and dancing exercise regimens are also covered. Additionally, each chapter features key terms, learning objectives, summary, and thought-provoking questions. An improved instructor package includes upgraded PowerPoints, a new test bank, sample syllabi, chapter summaries, discussion questions, chapter exams, and more. Purchase includes access to the ebook for use on most mobile devices or computers.
New to the Eighth Edition:
- Updated research findings, demographics, figures, and statistics regarding health/social/medicaltrends/exercise/weight management
- New content on global aging, sexual health, and substance abuse
- New information on medical screening recommendations, cancer treatments, complementary and alternative medicine, and more
- New findings regarding mental health and older adults
- Significant updates to Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and the ACA
- Expanded section on global health and older adults
- Upgraded instructor support package
- Provides an interdisciplinary view of how practitioners, program developers, and policymakers can improve health and wellness in older adults
- Describes successful community and government model programs and initiatives
- Delivers health-promoting tools, resource lists, checklists, and assessment tools
- Offers key terms, learning objectives, critical-thinking questions and reflection boxes
- Includes a robust instructor package