A Wizard of Earthsea (The Earthsea Cycle #1) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the The Earthsea Cycle series.
- #2: The Tombs of Atuan (Earthsea Cycle #2) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #3: The Farthest Shore (Earthsea Cycle #3) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #4: Tehanu (Earthsea Cycle #4) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #5: Tales from Earthsea (The Earthsea Cycle) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: The Other Wind (The Earthsea Cycle) (Mass Market): $8.99
Originally published in 1968, Ursula K. Le Guin’s A Wizard of Earthsea marks the first of the six now beloved Earthsea titles. Ged was the greatest sorcerer in Earthsea, but in his youth he was the reckless Sparrowhawk. In his hunger for power and knowledge, he tampered with long-held secrets and loosed a terrible shadow upon the world. This is the tumultuous tale of his testing, how he mastered the mighty words of power, tamed an ancient dragon, and crossed death's threshold to restore the balance.
About the Author
URSULA K. LE GUIN was born in Berkeley, California, in 1929, and passed away in Portland, Oregon, in 2018. She published over sixty books of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, children’s literature, and translation. She was the recipient of a National Book Award, six Hugo and five Nebula awards, and was inducted into the American Academy of Arts and Letters.
"New and longtime Earthsea fans will be drawn to these impressive new editions."—Horn Book