Tales from Earthsea (The Earthsea Cycle) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
- #1: A Wizard of Earthsea (The Earthsea Cycle #1) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #2: The Tombs of Atuan (Earthsea Cycle #2) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #3: The Farthest Shore (Earthsea Cycle #3) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #4: Tehanu (Earthsea Cycle #4) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #5: Tales from Earthsea (The Earthsea Cycle) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: The Other Wind (The Earthsea Cycle) (Mass Market): $8.99
"The Finder," a novella set a few hundred years before A Wizard of Earthsea, presents a dark and troubled Archipelago and shows how some of its customs and institutions came to be. "The Bones of the Earth" features the wizards who taught the wizard who first taught Ged and demonstrates how humility, if great enough, can contend with an earthquake. "Darkrose and Diamond" is a delightful story of young courtship showing that wizards sometimes pursue alternative careers. "On the High Marsh" tells of the love of power-and of the power of love. "Dragonfly" shows how a determined woman can break the glass ceiling of male magedom.
Concluding with an account of Earthsea's history, people, languages, literature, and magic, this collection also features two new maps of Earthsea.
About the Author
URSULA K. LE GUIN was born in Berkeley, California, in 1929, and passed away in Portland, Oregon, in 2018. She published over sixty books of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, children’s literature, and translation. She was the recipient of a National Book Award, six Hugo and five Nebula awards, and was inducted into the American Academy of Arts and Letters.