Celebrate Independent Bookstore Day with us!
Independent Bookstore Day is a one-day national party that takes place at indie bookstores across the country on the last Saturday in April. We have tons of fun activities and giveaways planned!
- Draw for your discount when you spend $25 or more
- Enter-to-win Subterranean shirts & coffee mugs
- Photo ops with staff dressed up like book characters
- Great giveaways – Subterranean postcards, Teddy bookmarks, and advance reader copies of upcoming books to be published
- Jan Jacobi, local author of Young Lincoln signing books from 12-3pm
- The Great Bookstore Bake Off - staff members will create a signature bake inspired by a literary reference
- Urban Chestnut Beer Happy Hour 6-8pm
- Proudly wear an "I Shopped Indie" sticker
Make a day of it! Get a passport stamped by visiting all 6 St. Louis independent bookstores
1) Visit each of the stores featured in this passport on Independent Bookstore Day, April 27 2019.
2) While you’re there, request a sticker from a bookseller. Place your stickers on pages 12 & 13 of the booklet.
3) Collect all 6 stickers and this passport becomes a coupon for 20% off any purchase at each of the participating stores.
4) Come back and redeem your coupon! Good for onetime use at each store. Must be redeemed by 10/1/2019.
Some restrictions may apply.