The Short Stack Cookbook: Ingredients That Speak Volumes (Hardcover)
The first cookbook from Short Stack Editions, an artful collection of 150 new and original recipes organized by ingredient from IACP and James Beard Award winning cookbook authors, chefs, food writers, recipe testers, and editors.
The ethos behind Short Stack Editions is simple: Pair honest, common ingredients with trusted voices in the culinary world for inspired recipes home cooks can actually use. And for their first cookbook, Short Stack founders Nick Fauchald and Kaitlyn Goalen call upon their acclaimed contributors to extend their love letters to favorite ingredients. Exclusively created for this cookbook, these recipes from all-star chefs, food writers, editors, and stylists are destined to become favorites.
Organized by 18 ingredients, including Apples, Bacon, Brussels Sprouts, Butter, Cheddar, Eggs, Tomatoes, Greek Yogurt, Honey, Hot Chile Peppers, Kale, Lemons, Sourdough, Whole Chicken, and Winter Squash, The Short Stack Cookbook takes readers though staples found in the kitchen and presents new ways to cook with everyday items. Contributors include:
- Virginia Willis (author ofBon Appetit, Y all)
- Sara Jenkins (chef, restaurateur, and cookbook author)
- Ian Knauer (IACP nominee and former food editor at Gourmet)
- Soa Davies (producer of Eric Ripert's cookbookOn the Lineand executive chef of Maple Food Co.)
- Susan Spungen (founding food editor forMartha Stewart Living)
- Angie Mosier (food stylist, photographer, and writer forFood & Wine and the New York Times)
- Rebekah Peppler (writer and food stylist)
- Alison Roman (former editor at Bon Appetit and BuzzFeed)
- Sarah Baird (writer and culinary anthropologist)
- Julia Sherman (artist, photographer, writer, cookbook author, and founder of Salad for President)
- Michael Harlan Turkell (award-winning photographer and cookbook author)
- Julia Turshen (cookbook author)
- Megan Scott (recipe developer and project manager at The Joy of Cooking)
- Tyler Kord (chef-owner of the No. 7 group)
- Paul Grimes (food stylist)
- Beth Lipton (food director for Health magazine)
The Short Stack Cookbook is the perfect gift for the nostalgic, design-centric home cook looking for recipe inspiration for their weekly farmer's market haul or CSA farm box.
About the Author
Nick Fauchald is a Brooklyn-based writer and editor and the publisher of Short Stack Editions. Formerly the editor-in-chief of Tasting Table, he was also an editor at Food & Wine, Wine Spectator, and Every Day with Rachael Ray magazines. His writing has been featured in the Best Food Writing series, and he has written several books about cooking and cocktails. Kaitlyn Goalen is a writer, editor, and cook based in Brooklyn and Raleigh, North Carolina, and cofounder of Short Stack Editions. Previously, she was an editor at Tasting Table, and she has contributed to such publications as Food & Wine, Garden & Gun, the Wall Street Journal, O, The Oprah Magazine, and Gastronomica.